Fill in Fields Below
About concrete calculators
Our concrete calculator can help you determine how much concrete you need, the costs involved, if you require concrete bags or ready mix, a how-to formula, and the waste allowance amount.
Definition of a concrete calculator
A concrete calculator is an automated program used to estimate the amount of concrete, in volume or weight, to fill a given area. Typically in the US concrete is sold in pound bags or by the cubic yard.
How to calculate how much concrete is needed?
- Determine the width, length, and depth of the area you want to concrete
- Multiply width by length (this = Square Footage)
- Convert depth from inches into feet by dividing by 12
- Now multiply the square footage (width x length) by the converted depth (depth inches / 12)
- This is the total cubic feet needed.
- To convert into cubic yards, start by dividing cubic feet by 27
w = Width, l = length, d = depth
Mr. Calculate needs a slab of concrete covering 20 feet by 20 feet at 6 inches deep.
((20 x 20) x (6 / 12)) / 27 = 7.407 cubic yards